Advance your diving | Explore more, experience more
Advanced Diver Course Phuket
- 1 participant (private 1:1 course): 14,500 baht ( / / )
- 2 participant’s 11,500 baht per diver ( / / )
- 3 participant’s 10,900 baht per diver ( / / )
- Two full days (2 day trips) with 5-6 dives
- Dives can be at Phi Phi, the Racha Islands, Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck, Koh Doc Mai.
- Experienced dive instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment
- Certification fee.
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- Core dives are the Deep Dive and the Navigation dive
- Elective dives can be Wreck, Computer, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drift and more
- You do not have to sit in a classroom. The theoretical side of the course involves reading the relevant chapters in the Advanced Diver manual then completing the knowledge reviews at the end of each chapter. These knowledge reviews will form the basis of the briefings before each dive.
- Each dive will have a different set of skills with performance requirements to be met.
Who is this two day course for?
- Open Water certified divers who want to advance their skills and experience. You can start the advanced course straight after the open water course.
- Divers who want or need a deep diver certification (many dive destinations now require dive experience to 30m as a minimum pre-requisite)
- Divers who don’t want to dive with the beginners on their next dive trip.
- Divers who want to improve their air consumption and their buoyancy control.
- Advanced Open Water Diver pre-requisites are:
-Open Water Diver (or equivalent) certified
-Minimum age 15 years old (12 years for junior advanced)
-Medically fit to dive.
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
When and where?
- You can start the Advanced course any day, it is available all year round. The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- Diving will be over two days at a combination Phi Phi Islands, the Racha Islands, Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck and Koh Doc Mai.
After the Advanced course?
- You could go onto the rescue diver course. Or how about fattening up your logbook on a Similan Islands liveaboard?
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What will you experience on the Advanced course?
You will experience going deeper than you have been before, and possibly the effects of nitrogen narcosis.
You will learn underwater navigation skills.
You may also learn wreck diving, night diving or underwater photography skills.
The advanced course does not require you to be advanced to start, you can start straight after the open water course. Nor does 5 or 6 extra dives make you an “advanced diver.” But you will be a much better diver at the end of the course, with improved buoyancy and air consumption.
Nearly all the training on the PADI advanced course happens underwater. There is no classroom time. Read the manual, complete the knowledge reviews, go diving!
Alternative Advanced course
You can also combine the Advanced course with a liveaboard to the Similan Islands and Surin Islands. Why do this?
- More dives – dive, eat, sleep, repeat.
- Thailand’s best dive sites and the best chance to see mantas and whale sharks.
- Night dives
This is a sample itinerary for a 2 day 6 dive Advanced Diver course.
Day One: 3 dive day trip to Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck, Koh Doc Mai
Dive 1: Wreck Dive at the King Cruiser
Dive 2: Fun dive Shark Point
Dive 3: Drift Dive at Koh Doc Mai
Day Two: 3 dive day trip to Phi Phi Islands.
Dive 1: Deep dive
Dive 2: Navigation dive
Dive 3: Peak Performance buoyancy dive
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.