Try diving | Intro to diving | Beginner diving | No licence diving
Discover Scuba Diving Phuket
- 1 participant
Day trip with 2 dives: 4,500 baht
Day trip with 3 dives (Mon, Thurs, Sat): 4,900 baht
- 2 participants
Day trip with 2 dives: 4,450 baht per person
Day trip with 3 dives (Mon, Thurs, Sat): 4,750 baht per person
- 3+ participants
Day trip with 2 dives: 4,400 baht per person
Day trip with 3 dives (Mon, Thurs, Sat): 4,600 baht per person
- Full day trip with 2 or 3 dives at the outer islands
- Each dive will last 30-60 minutes and will be to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Diving at the outer islands (Koh Racha Noi and Koh Racha Yai).
- Experienced professional instructor supervision
- All dive equipment
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers by air conditioned minibus from hotels in Patong, Karon, Kata and Chalong beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers outside of the standard pick up zones. (Transfers can be arranged from hotels in other areas but an extra fee may apply. Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses or Airbnb’s).
- SCUBA certification, with the Open Water course
Who is this one day program for?
- Anyone new to diving who wants to experience the magic of the underwater world.
- Anyone who wants to dive without getting a scuba certification.
- Discover Scuba Diving pre-requisites are:
-Minimum age 15 years old
-Medically fit to dive, not pregnant
-Not under the influence of drugs or alcohol
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
What will you learn?
- How to breathe underwater using SCUBA (Self Contained Under Water Breathing Apparatus).
- Some basic skills and safety rules.
(These can be credited towards full Open Water certification at a later date).
When and where?
- Discover Scuba Diving is available every day of the year by dive boat departing from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- Diving will be at either Racha Yai Island or Racha Noi Island.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What will you see on a Discover Scuba Dive?
You will be amazed how much marine life you will see!
Too many fish to list here, but ok here are just a few of the things that you could see: Parrotfish, angelfish, butterflyfish, snapper, trevally, barracuda, giant moray eels, stingrays, reef sharks, turtles, sea snakes, scorpionfish, lionfish, bannerfish, seastars, giant clams, barrel sponges, soft corals, hard corals, anemones, clownfish (nemo), trumpetfish, pufferfish.
This is a sample itinerary for a 3 dive day trip to Racha Noi and Racha Yai islands:
0700-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to Chalong.
0800-0830 hrs: Boarding the dive boat
0900-1100 hrs: Cruise to Racha Noi Island. There will be a boat briefing and introductions when you board the boat. There is time for a coffee and a breakfast snack. Your instructor will set up the SCUBA gear will show you how it all works. They will then give you some basic instruction on skills that you will be performing on your first dive. These include breathing through the regulator, clearing water from a mask and equalizing pressure in your ears. It’s easy and fun. There will still plenty of time to relax on board. Sit in the shade or on the sun deck. Watch out for flying fish and may be spot a pod of dolphins.
Your first dive
1100-1200 hrs: About 10 minutes before the boat reaches the island you and your instructor will start getting kitted up. The boat will maneuver to a shallow bay where you will enter the water from the rear platform. You will start in very shallow water and make a controlled descent onto a patch of sand where you can kneel on the sea bed and practice the skills that you have been briefed on. Your instructor will demonstrate and ask you to copy. It’s not difficult, honestly.
Once all divers have performed the skills satisfactorily your instructor will lead you on a tour of the dive site. Starting over sand as you get used to swimming underwater, then over the reef. The maximum depth you are allowed to go is 12 metres.
Your instructor will point out all the cool stuff. If this is your first time you will be amazed! Time will pass all too quickly and before you know it it’ll be time to ascend and get back on the boat. A dive will last between 30-60 minutes (it depends how quickly you breathe through your tank).
1200-1300 hrs: There is at least one hour interval between dives so you can remove your scuba gear, take a fresh water shower and enjoy the buffet lunch served on the boat.
1300-1400 hrs: The boat will move two a new dive site for dive two. This dive will be much like the first except you will not need to repeat the skills session so you can just enjoy the reef. You will probably notice a lot more on this dive, you will be more relaxed.
1400-1500 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat after dive two the boat will move to Racha Noi Island for the last dive of the day.
1500-1600 hrs: By dive three you will be almost an expert 🙂
1600-1730 hrs: From Racha Noi it’s about 90 minutes cruise back to Chalong pier, Phuket. Time to relax, may be have a snooze (diving is tiring), or grab a beer from the ice box.
About 10 minutes before arrival at the pier the tour leader will ask that all guests pack their gear and check that they have all their belongings. A tip box will also appear so you can leave some small change for the boat boys.
1730-1830 hrs: An excellent day ends. Once back at the pier you will transferred back to your hotel. Beware that diving is deeply (pun intended) addictive. We will see you again soon 🙂
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.