Learn to dive in Phuket
Open Water Diver Course Phuket
- 1 participant
3 days: 15,500 baht per person ( / / )
4 days: 18,000 baht per person ( / / )
- 2+ participants
3 days: 15,000 baht per person ( / / )
4 days: 17,500 baht per person ( / / )
- 3 or 4 full days
- 6 dives (4 open water course dives plus 2 extra fun dives) at the Racha Islands (Racha Noi & Racha Yai)
- Experienced Instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment
- Certification fee
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
- Transfers to the dive centre.
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- In this intensive course you will learn the skills necessary to dive independently.
- The Open Water certification is recognised and accepted at dive centres worldwide.
- One day classroom with 5 theory modules, quick quizzes and a final exam
- One day swimming pool. 5 confined water modules with 24 skills to master.
- Two day trips with 3 dives each day. The course requires 4 open water dives to achieve certification as an open water diver. Dives one and two are to a maximum depth of 12 metres. Dives 3 and 4 are to a maximum depth of 18 metres.
Who is the Open Water course for?
- Anyone who wants to get certified to dive
- Anyone looking for an amazing adventure, like nothing they’ve experienced before.
- Open Water Diver pre-requisites are:
-Minimum age 15 years old (10 years for junior Open Water)
-You must be able to swim 200 metres and tread water (or float) for 10 minutes.
-Medically fit to dive.
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
When and where?
- You can start the Open Water course any day, it is available all year round.
- Classroom and pool sessions take place in Chalong, Phuket.
- The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- The course takes 4 days
After the course?
- Your qualification allows you to book day trip fun diving at any dive centre worldwide, or a liveaboard safari.
- You can also rent dive equipment and tanks to go diving independently.
- You can learn more dive skills and experience different types of diving with the Advanced Diver course.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What will you experience on the Open Water course?
You will be amazed how much you learn in a short space of time. From tentative first breathes underwater to confident scuba diver.
You will learn the necessary skills to dive to a depth of 18 metres on SCUBA.
This is a sample itinerary for a 4 day Open Water Diver course.
Day One: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Classroom and pool
Day Two: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Classroom and pool
Day Three: 7.30 am – 6.00 pm – Full day trip on the dive boat to Racha Noi and Racha Yai Islands. 3 dives
Day Four: 7.30 am – 6.00 pm – Full day trip on the dive boat to Phi Phi Islands. 3 dives
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.