Day trip dive tour with 3 dives
Racha Noi & Racha Yai Islands
4,2003,750 baht per diver ( / / )
- Non diving partners can join for 2,000 baht/person
- Available every day, all year round.
- Start / finish port: Chalong pier Phuket
Who is this dive tour for?
- Certified divers looking for great visibility and the chance to see manta rays.
- Racha Noi island has several dive sites suitable for all levels of diver. The south plateau and north tip can be dived deep and often have strong currents.
- Diving at Racha Yai is easy. The clear water and minimal currents allow for long relaxed dives.
- Experienced divemaster guide. Groups are small.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers by air conditioned minibus from Phuket hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai, Chalong beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht ( / / )
- Nitrox (150 baht/tank)
- Transfers from hotels in other areas (available for an extra charge). Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses/airbnb’s.
- Soft drinks (30 baht/can), alcoholic drinks (beers 60 baht/can)
- Book 3 day trips get 5% off
- Book 5 day trips get 10% off
- 5% off if you’ve dived/trained with us before
- Book a liveaboard and get 5% off day trips
0700-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to Chalong.
0800-0830 hrs: Boarding the dive boat
0900-1100 hrs: Cruise to Racha Noi island. There will be a boat briefing and introductions when you board the boat. There is time for a coffee and a breakfast snack then you and your divemaster will set up and check your dive gear. That leaves time to relax on board as you pass Racha Yai on the way to Racha Noi. Sit in the shade or on the sun deck. Watch out for flying fish and dolphins.
About 20 minutes before the boat reaches Racha Noi Island there will be a dive site briefing. The first briefing of the day is the longest as it includes the dive procedures. When the briefing is over the first group of divers will start kitting up. Divers will jump in groups to avoid crowds in the water.
1100-1200 hrs: Dive 1 at Racha Noi
1200-1300 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be one hour (at least). So time to relax, check the fish ID books, or go for a swim. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor.
1300-1400: Dive 2 will be at a different Racha Noi reef.
1400-1500 hrs: After dive two the boat will slowly cruise back towards Racha Yai for the third dive.
1500-1600 hrs: Dive 3 at Racha Yai. By now the sun is lower in the sky sending rays through the water at dramatic angles.
1600-1730 hrs: When all divers are accounted for after dive 3 the boat starts the cruise back to Phuket. If you have rental gear your dive master will take care of it for you. If you have your own gear you can rinse it with the fresh water showers and let it dry in the sun.
Fresh showers are available. By the time you are showered and changed some cold beers will have appeared in the ice box. Time to fill in logbooks, exchange contact details with new friends and swap photos.
About 10 minutes before arrival at the pier the tour leader will ask that all guests pack their gear and check that they have all their belongings. A tip box will also appear so you can leave something for the boat boys.
1730-1830 hrs: Once back at the pier you will transferred back to your hotel. See you again soon!
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.
About Koh Racha Noi diving
Racha Noi is an uninhabited island further south than Racha Yai and far fewer boats go there. Most tourist speedboats stop at Racha Yai, it’s really only a couple of dive boats and the odd yacht that venture to Rach Noi. The island is also called Raya Noi Island or Koh Raya Noi. (Noi means small, Yai means big in Thai).
This granite island almost always has great visibility. The dive sites on the east and west sites are easy dives. The north and south tips offer more challenging dives where deep water and strong currents combine. These are the conditions that the big fish love and it’s here that with a bit of luck you can see manta rays and schools of chevron barracuda.
Racha Noi dive sites