Learn to dive in Phuket
Open Water Diver Course Phuket
- 1 participant
3 days: ฿ 15,500 / person
4 days: ฿ 18,000 / person
- 2+ participants
3 days: ฿ 15,000 / person
4 days: ฿ 17,500 / person
- 3 or 4 full days
- 6 dives (4 open water course dives plus 2 extra fun dives) at the Racha Islands (Racha Noi & Racha Yai)
- Experienced Instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment
- Certification fee
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
- Transfers to the dive centre.
Who is the Open Water course for?
- Anyone who wants to get certified to dive
- Anyone looking for an amazing adventure, like nothing they’ve experienced before.
- Open Water Diver pre-requisites are:
-Minimum age 15 years old (10 years for junior Open Water)
-You must be able to swim 200 metres and tread water (or float) for 10 minutes.
-Medically fit to dive.
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
When and where?
- You can start the Open Water course any day, it is available all year round.
- Classroom and pool sessions take place in Chalong, Phuket.
- The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- The course takes 4 days
After the course?
- Your qualification allows you to book day trip fun diving at any dive centre worldwide, or a liveaboard safari.
- You can also rent dive equipment and tanks to go diving independently.
- You can learn more dive skills and experience different types of diving with the Advanced Diver course.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- In this intensive course you will learn the skills necessary to dive independently.
- The Open Water certification is recognised and accepted at dive centres worldwide.
- One day classroom with 5 theory modules, quick quizzes and a final exam
- One day swimming pool. 5 confined water modules with 24 skills to master.
- Two day trips with 3 dives each day. The course requires 4 open water dives to achieve certification as an open water diver. Dives one and two are to a maximum depth of 12 metres. Dives 3 and 4 are to a maximum depth of 18 metres.
What will you experience on the Open Water course?
You will be amazed how much you learn in a short space of time. From tentative first breathes underwater to confident scuba diver.
You will learn the necessary skills to dive to a depth of 18 metres on SCUBA.
This is a sample itinerary for a 4 day Open Water Diver course.
Day One: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Classroom and pool
Day Two: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Classroom and pool
Day Three: 7.30 am – 6.00 pm – Full day trip on the dive boat to Racha Noi and Racha Yai Islands. 3 dives
Day Four: 7.30 am – 6.00 pm – Full day trip on the dive boat to Phi Phi Islands. 3 dives
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.