Get SCUBA certified in just 2 days | Learn to dive in Phuket
Scuba Diver Course Phuket
- 1 participant
11,000 baht per person ( / / )
- 2+ participants
10,500 baht per person ( / / )
- 2 full days
- 3 dives (2 open water course dives plus 1 extra fun dive)
- Dives are at the Racha Islands
- Experienced dive instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment
- Certification fee
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- In this two day course you will learn basic SCUBA diving skills which will qualify you to dive with a divemaster as a guide, to a depth of 12 metres.
- The certification is recognized at dive centres worldwide.
- One day classroom and pool with 3 theory modules and 3 confined water sessions.
- One day trip diving at the Racha Islands
- Dives are to a maximum depth of 12 metres, that is the depth limit of the Scuba Diver certification.
- The Scuba Diver course includes 3 of the 5 Open Water course modules. You can upgrade your Scuba Diver certification to the Open Water diver certification at a later date.
Who is the Scuba Diver course for?
- Anyone who wants to get certified to dive but doesn’t have 3-4 days to spare.
- Anyone who likes to take it slow. You can upgrade to the Open Water cert later.
- Anyone looking for an amazing adventure, like nothing they’ve experienced before.
- Scuba Water Diver pre-requisites are:
-Minimum age 15 years old (10 years for junior Scuba Diver)
-You must be able to tread water (or float) for 10 minutes.
-Medically fit to dive.
-Not flying on any plane for at least 18 hours after diving.
When and where?
- You can start the Scuba Diver course any day, it is available all year round.
- Classroom and pool sessions take place in Chalong, Phuket.
- The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- The course takes 2 days
After the course?
- Your qualification allows you to book day trip fun diving at any dive centre worldwide. Because the Scuba Diver cert is limited to 12 metres you will probably have to go with a private divemaster.
- Upgrade to the full Open Water cert.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What will you experience on the SCUBA Diver course?
You will be amazed how much you learn in a short space of time. From tentative first breathes underwater to confident scuba diver.
You will learn the necessary skills to dive to a depth of 12 metres on SCUBA, under divemaster supervision.
The Scuba Diver course is an entry level dive certification. It is effectively the first half of the Open Water Diver course. The major difference between the Open water qualification and the SCUBA diver qualification is that the open water divers are trained to be independent, whereas scuba divers must always dive with a divemaster. The Open Water certification is 18 metres, SCUBA Diver is 12 metres.
If you have three days to spare we generally recommend that you take the full Open Water course but the Scuba Diver course is useful if you are short of time because it only requires 2 days. The Scuba Diver course can be upgraded to the full Open Water certification at a later date.
This is a sample itinerary for a 2 day Scuba Diver course.
Day One: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Classroom and pool
Day Two: 7.30 am – 6.00 pm – Full day trip on the dive boat to Racha Noi and Racha Yai Islands. 3 dives
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.