Shopping, eating and drinking at Jungceylon shopping mall Patong
Phuket has plenty of shopping options. We are not big shoppers ourselves but our island does seem to attract a lot of folks who are. Patong beach has plenty of cheap street stalls selling copy goods it also has a major shopping mall called Jungceylon.
Completed in 2006 it covers an area of over 200 sqm and is located at the top of Bangla road in the centre of Patong. It is home to all the major brand stores. You can buy fashion wear, sporting goods and electronics. On the lower level you’ll find all the Thai culture, arts and craft type shops. There are also massage parlours, a cinema, banks, restaurants, bars and a nighclub.
Reasons to visit Jungceylon other than just shopping
- Banks are only the lower floor so is a good place to change money.
- Car parking can be hard to find in Patong. Jungceylon has a big underground car park.
- Big C supermarket for self catering, wine and liquor, bread and cheese.
- Good on a rainy day. There is a cinema showing all the latest Hollywood releases.
- Eating and drinking. Jungceylon has plenty of food choices for lunch and dinner. From McDonalds and KFC to better restaurants like Wine Connection or Sino-Phuket. You can get sushi or suki-yaki. There is an Irish Pub (The Irish Times) if you fancy a Sunday Roast or an all day English breakfast. The central courtyard area is open with outside eating and drinking options. In the afternoon and evening there is a free to watch light and sound show with a dancing fountain.
- Full moon brewworks is a microbrewery and restaurant. An IPA, stout or wheat beer makes a change from the usual Chang, Leo and Singha that every other bar in Phuket serves.
- Cinema. Catch the latest movies at the SF multi screen Cinema.
- Clubbing. “Famous” nightclub is on the roof.
Jungceylon also has attached hotels. The main one is the Millennium so if you are a shopaholic it might suit you.