Day trip dive tour with 2 dives
Diving Richelieu Rock
- 5,600 baht per diver
- National Park Fee: 700 baht/diver
- Equipment rental: 500 baht/set
- Transfer from Phuket: 500 baht/person
- Non divers: n/a
- Richelieu Rock diving day trips run from November 15th to May 15th. Richelieu Rock is within the Surin Islands national park which closes from May 16th to October 14th.
- Start / finish port: Nam kem pier (2+ hours drive north of Phuket)
Who is this day trip for?
- The pre-requisites to join this day trip are open water certification with dives logged within the last 6 months. This dive site is not suitable for beginners.
- 2 day 1 night options are also available, please ask us for details.
- Divemaster guide.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Buffet lunch on the boat, drinking water, tea, coffee.
- Round trip transfers by ac minibus from Khao Lak hotels.
What’s not included:
- National Park entry and diving fee: 700 baht per diver
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht
- Transfers from Phuket hotels: 500 baht per person.
(Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses/airbnb’s).
- Nitrox: 300 baht/tank
- 15 litre tank (air): 300 baht/day
0530 hrs: Minibus pick up from south Phuket hotels.
0630 hrs: Minibus pick up from north Phuket hotels.
0730 hrs: Minibus pick up from Khao Lak hotels.
0830 hrs: Check in at Namkem pier. Hot drinks and bakery available if you mised breakfast.
0900 hrs: 90 minutes transfer speedboat ride to Richelieu Rock where you will transfer onto the MV Koon9 dive boat.
1030 hrs: Dive 1 at Richelieu Rock. Dive time 50 minutes.
1200 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be at least one hour. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor. You have just enough time for lunch then it’s back on with the wetsuit for dive two.
1400 hrs: Dive 2 at Richelieu Rock. Dive time 50 minutes.
1530-1700 hrs: Depart MV Koon9 and transfer back to Nam Kem pier. Minibus transfer back to Khao Lak or Phuket.
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.
About Richelieu Rock diving
Richelieu is not just about whale sharks. You can also see big schools of chevron barracuda, batfish, mackerel, tuna and rainbow runners away from the rock.
On the rock it’s a macro photographer’s paradise, highlights include yellow tiger tail seahorse and harlequin shrimps.
You will also see moray eels, lionfish and scorpionfish. You will probably see octopus and cuttlefish. Richelieu Rock is covered in colourful soft corals, barrel sponges, sea whips, anemones and gorgonian sea fans.
More about Richelieu Rock diving here