Day trip dive tour with 2 dives
Diving Similan Islands
- 5,600 baht per diver ( / / )
- National Park Fee: 700 baht/diver ( / / )
- Non diving partners can join for 3,600 baht per person plus 500 baht park fee
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Similan Islands diving day trips run from October 15th to May 15th. The Similan Islands national park closes from May 16th to October 14th.
- Start / finish port: Thap lamu pier Khao Lak
Who is this dive tour for?
- The pre-requisites to join a Similan Islands diving day trip are PADI Open Water (or equivalent) certification with at least 15 logged dives, and dives logged within the last year.
The pre-requisites to join a Koh Bon diving day trip are PADI Advanced (or equivalent) certification, and dives within the last year.
- The Similan Islands chain is the jewel in Thailand’s diving crown. Ideally you should dive the Similan Islands by liveaboard because the area warrants more than one day. But if your time is limited this day trip will give you a taste.
- Experienced divemaster guide.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Buffet lunch on the boat, drinking water, tea, coffee.
- Round trip shared transfer by air conditioned minibus from Phuket hotels in Patong, Karon, Kata & Chalong beach areas.
- Transfers are also available from Khao Lak hotels in Nangthong and Bangniang beach areas.
What’s not included:
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht ( / / )
- Transfers from hotels in areas outside the standard pick up zone (available for an extra charge).
Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses/airbnb’s.
There is a daily limit on the number of divers allowed at the Similan Islands. To avoid disappointment please book early. We cannot accept bookings on the day before because we need more time to apply for the national park entry permit. When you book please provide passport details for the entry permit application (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number).
0600-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to the pier at Thap Lamu (just south of Khao Lak).
0800-0830 hrs: Check in and board the transfer speedboat.
0830-1000 hrs: 60-90 minutes speedboat ride to the Similan Islands where the speedboat meets up with the dive boat. Transfer gear across and get kitted up straight away. There is no hanging around on the South Siam Similan day trip, there isn’t time. Get on board, get ready, listen to a quick briefing and off you go.
1030-1130 hrs: Dive 1
1130-1300 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be at least one hour. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor. You have just enough time for lunch then it’s back on with the wetsuit for dive two.
1330-1430: Dive 2 will be at a different Similan Islands dive site.
1430-1500 hrs: After dive two pack up the gear and grab a quick fresh water shower before the speedboat arrives to transfer you back to the mainland. If you have rental gear your dive master will take care of it for you.
1500-1630 hrs: Arrive back at the pier and transfer back to the minivan for the ride back to Phuket.
1630-1800 hrs: The journey from Khao Lak back to north Phuket takes about 80 minutes. If you are staying in south Phuket add another hour until you are back at your hotel
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.
Scheduled dive sites (subject to change):
Mon: Shark Fin Reef / Boulder City (Island 3)
Tue: Christmas Point/North Point/Three Trees aka Breakfast Bend (Island 9)
Wed: Koh Bon
Thur: Shark Fin Reef / Boulder City (Island 3)
Fri: West of Eden/South of Eden/Deep 6 (Island 7)
Sat: Christmas Point/North Point/Three Trees aka Breakfast Bend (Island 9)
Sun: Koh Bon
About these dive sites
The Similan Islands is Thailand’s best dive destination and is often referred to as being among the world’s top ten dive destinations. The Similan Islands National Marine Park is made up of nine granite boulder islands that lie in a north to south line about 100 km north west of Phuket. The dive sites are very different on the east and west sides of the islands. The eastern sides feature gently sloping reefs with easy diving. The west sides, plus the island tips feature giant boulder formations that offer dramatic dives that can be challenging due to depth and current. So while one Similan Islands diving day trip will give you a sense of the area, more days are needed to really explore the area.
Read more about Similan Islands dive sites:
Stay overnight at the Similan Islands. Instead of doing two Similan Islands day trips (4 dives) you can also do a 2 day 1 night liveaboard (7 dives incl night dive) with one night stay on the boat. More details here: https://sanookscuba.com/liveaboard/2-days-1-night-similan-koh-bon/