Day trip dive tour with 3 dives
Phi Phi Islands & Shark Point
4,2003,750 baht per diver ( / / )
- Park fees: 600 baht/diver (
(Payable in Thai baht cash on the boat)
/ / )
- Non diving partners can join for 2,000 baht plus 400 baht park fee.
- Wednesday, Sunday
- This day trip runs all year round
- Start / finish port: Chalong pier Phuket
Who is this dive tour for?
- Certified divers looking for some of Thailand’s best day trip diving.
- Beautiful hard and soft corals and abundant marine life make Phi Phi diving a must do for any diver visiting Phuket.
- Phi Phi is one of the best places to see black tip reef sharks, leopard sharks, turtles and much more
- Experienced divemaster guide. Groups are small.
- Tanks, weights, weight belt
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers by air conditioned minibus from Phuket hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas.
What’s not included
- Equipment rental set (bcd, reg, mask, ws, fins): 500 baht ( / / )
- Nitrox (250 baht/tank)
- Transfers from hotels in other areas (available for an extra charge). Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses/airbnb’s.
- Soft drinks (30 baht/can), alcoholic drinks (beers 60 baht/can)
0700-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to Chalong.
0800-0830 hrs: Boarding the dive boat
0900-1130 hrs: Cruise to Phi Phi island. There will be a boat briefing and introductions when you board the boat. There is time for a coffee and a breakfast snack then you and your divemaster will set up and check your dive gear. That leaves plenty of time to relax on board. Sit in the shade or on the sun deck. Watch out for flying fish and dolphins.
About 20 minutes before the boat reaches Phi Phi there will be a dive site briefing. The first briefing of the day is the longest as it includes the dive procedures. When the briefing is over the first group of divers will start kitting up. Divers will jump in groups to avoid crowds in the water.
1130-1230 hrs: Dive 1 at Phi Phi. This is usually at either Bida Nai or Bida Nok.
1230-1345 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be one hour (at least). So time to relax, check the fish ID books, or go for a swim or snorkel. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor. The boat will move to Phi Phi Ley island, passing Maya bay, have your camera ready. Note that there is not time for a beach excursion on this day trip.
1345-1445: Dive 2 will be at a different Phi Phi dive site. Palong wall is popular, or Loh Samah bay, or another dive at Bida Nai / Nok if they were especially good in the morning.
1445-1600 hrs: After dive two the boat will cruise back towards Shark Point which is located half way between Phi Phi and Phuket and is marked by a small light atop a rock.
1600-1700 hrs: Dive 3 at Shark Point.
1700-1830 hrs: When all divers are accounted for after dive 3 the boat starts the cruise back to Chalong bay, Phuket. If you have rental gear your dive master will take care of it for you. If you have your own gear you can rinse it with the fresh water showers and let it dry.
Fresh showers are available. By the time you are showered and changed some cold beers will have appeared in the ice box. Time to fill in logbooks, exchange contact details with new friends and swap photos.
Watch the sun set behind the Big Buddha as you cruise west.
About 10 minutes before arrival at the pier the tour leader will ask that all guests pack their gear and check that they have all their belongings. A tip box will also appear so you can leave something for the boat boys.
1830-1930 hrs: Another excellent day ends. Once back at the pier you will transferred back to your hotel. See you again soon!
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.