Refresher dive | Check out dive | SCUBA Tune Up
Scuba Review Phuket
- 1 participant: 4,900 baht ( / / )
- 2 participants: 4,400 baht per person ( / / )
- 3+ participants: 4,300 baht per person ( / / )
- 1 full day boat diving with three dives
- Dives can be at the Racha Islands or Phi Phi Islands
- Experienced PADI Instructor
- Use of a full set of dive equipment (if you have your own equipment discount 500 baht)
- Light breakfast, tea, coffee, drinking water, buffet lunch on the boat
- Round trip transfers to the boat at Chalong pier are provided from Phuket hotels in Kamala, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Naiharn, Rawai and Chalong beach areas
What’s not included:
- Hotel transfers from other areas (available for an extra charge).
Who is the Scuba review for?
- Any certified diver who hasn’t dived in over a year and needs to refresh their skills.
- A diver joining a liveaboard that requires logged dives within the last year.
- A diver who wants to practice some skills under instructor supervision.
- Anyone looking for an amazing adventure, like nothing they’ve experienced before.
When and where?
- You can do a Scuba review any day, it is available all year round.
- Suitable dive sites are Racha Noi, Racha Yai and Phi Phi Islands.
- The dive boat departs from Chalong Bay Phuket.
- Contact us now to book your diving or to ask any questions you have.
What’s involved, what will you learn?
- If it’s been more than a year since your last dive you will benefit from a Scuba Review (also called a refresher or tune up).
- You will be with an experienced instructor all day so you can get re-acquainted with diving and scuba equipment.
- Practice the basic skills like mask clearing and regulator recovery.
- Adjust your weighting and trim.
- Work on your buoyancy control.
- And enjoy three excellent dives.
This is a sample itinerary for Scuba review one day boat diving trip.
0700-0745 hrs: Pick up from your hotel reception and transfer by AC minivan to Chalong.
0800-0830 hrs: Boarding the dive boat
0900-1100 hrs: Cruise to Racha Noi island. There will be a boat briefing and introductions when you board the boat. There is time for a coffee and a breakfast snack then you and your divemaster will set up and check your dive gear. That leaves time to relax on board as you pass Racha Yai on the way to Racha Noi. Sit in the shade or on the sun deck. Watch out for flying fish and dolphins.
On the journey to Racha Noi island your instructor will re introduce you to the scuba equipment that you will be using. They will have you set up your own gear and help you where necessary. They will then go through the basic dive theory and safe diving practices that you may have forgotten from your open water course.
Your instructor will brief you fully on the skills that you will be practicing on the first dive.
1100-1200 hrs: Dive 1 at Racha Noi. Starting in a shallow bay you will descent with your instructor to the sandy sea bed where you will practice some dive skills. Once mastered you will enjoy a guided dive over the reef. This is a chance to work on your buoyancy control, your instructor can help add or remove weights if required. At the end of the dive you will do a safety stop at 5 metres for 3 minutes.
1200-1300 hrs: When all divers are back on the boat a Thai food buffet lunch will be served. Lots of food tasty for everyone!
The surface interval will be one hour (at least). So time to relax, check the fish ID books, or go for a swim. No need to change your tanks, the crew will fill them with the on board compressor. This is also the time to discuss any issues you had on dive one so they can be addressed on dive two. Need to change some gear or adjust some fittings?
1300-1400: Dive 2 will be at a different Racha Noi reef. With the skills out of the way on dive one you are free to relax and enjoy the dive, your instructor will point out all the interesting stuff. Right about now you’re probably asking yourself why you haven’t dived for so long because diving is so awesome!
1400-1500 hrs: After dive two the boat will slowly cruise back towards Racha Yai for the third dive.
1500-1600 hrs: Dive 3 at Koh Racha Yai. By now you should be well back in the swing of things. As you relax your air consumption will improve.
1600-1730 hrs: When all divers are accounted for after dive 3 the boat starts the cruise back to Phuket. Your instructor will ask that you disassemble your own dive gear. They aren’t being lazy, they want to see that you know how, remember to dry that first stage.
Fresh showers are available. By the time you are showered and changed some cold beers will have appeared in the ice box. Time to fill in logbooks, exchange contact details with new friends and swap photos.
About 10 minutes before arrival at the pier the tour leader will ask that all guests pack their gear and check that they have all their belongings. A tip box will also appear so you can leave something for the boat boys.
1730-1830 hrs: Once back at Chalong pier you will transferred back to your hotel. Note to self, don’t leave it so long between dives next time.
*itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and tour leader and dependent on weather/tide conditions.